The Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy (ASSP) Server project aims to create an open source platform-independent SMTP Proxy server which implements auto-whitelists, self learning Hidden-Markov-Model and/or Bayesian, Greylisting, DNSBL, DNSWL, URIBL, SPF, SRS, Backscatter, Virus scanning, attachment blocking, Senderbase and multiple other filter methods. Click 'Files' to download the professional version 2.5.5 build 17223.
An linux and a freeBSD based OVA of ASSP V2 are also available for download.
V1 development has been stopped at the end of 2014 (1.10.1 build 16060). Possibly there will be done some bugfixing in future.
Please upgrade to V2, which is and will be actively maintained.
- Multiple Weighted DNSBLs
- Multiple Weighted URIBLs
- Weighted Regular Expression Filtering
- Penalty Box
- Attachment Blocking
- ClamAV and FileScan
- Blocking Reporting
- LDAP support
- Backscatter Detection
- V2 - recipient replacement / GUI user access rights management
- V2 - MIME charset conversion / DKIM check and signing
- V2 - multi DB support for all hashes / level based open plugin support
- V2 - transparent TCP proxy support
- V2 - Plugins: archive, full attachment check and replacement, OCR
- V2 - damping (steal spammers time)
- V2 - AUTH to relay host / POP3 collector
- V2 - configuration value and file synchronization
- V2 - Block Reports design could be customized
- V2 - Razor2 and DCC support via Plugin
- V2 - SNMP support (monitoring, configuring, controll-API)
- V2 - user group import (file or LDAP or command based)
- V2 - automatic crash analyzer Hidden Markov Model
- V2 - IPv6 socket support
- V2 - word stemming (several languages) for Bayesian analyzer
- V2 - Perl module autoupdate via PPM or CPAN
- V2 - Hidden Markov Model spam detection engine
- V2 - full unicode support
- V2 - DMARC support
- V2 - privat Whitelist (legacy, domain based, user based)
- V2 - privat IP and Domain lists (legacy, domain based, user based)
- V2 - CPU affinity settings
- V2 - web file commander
- V2 - graphical statistic output (SVG)
- V2 - native SSL support for target hosts
- V2 - client SSL-certificate validation
- V2 - privat SMIME signing
- V2 - corporate SMIME signing, using a single privat certificate
- V2 - content based executable attachment blocking
- V2 - content based compressed attachment blocking
- V2 - BATV check and signing
- V2 - Message-ID signing and check FBMTV
- V2 - remote support
I'm not sure how much people got paid to submit positive reviews of this abortion of a product, but there's not enough money in the world for me to say ANYTHING positive about this program. ASSP is a rickshaw, poorly slapped together "solution" that causes your average busy admin 3-5x longer to do a simple task like blacklisting a domain than competitive products. Sure, it may be free, but you get what you pay for, and never is that more apparent than in the WebUI. I honestly believe that whoever coded the UI was on some kind of severely mind-altering drugs. For those admins and SysEng's who need to justify their existence by engaging in needless "busy work" like taking 30 mins to block a domain, this product is perfect for you. If you're the kind of SysEng who needs to actually get stuff done, then I STRONGLY advise that you use an enterprise-grade product. I'm ashamed that my company is using this product, and I'll be moving us off of it just as soon as I can.
This is perfect and very helpfull in my nokia device, thanks alot.
ASSP is by far the best open source anti-spam solution available. Setup can be a bit challenging unless you are experienced with Linux and mail servers. Since implementing ASSP I have pretty much forgotten what spam looks like since I never see it. Thank you Thomas & the rest of the ASSP Team!!!! This project is so good I have, and will continue to donate to it.
After a long time of using and heavy fighting with ASSP I removed it from my server, what a relief! It might be a good anti-spam solution in theory but it has 3 big issues: 1. Extremely hard to set up and maintain. 2. Still full of bugs and crashes. 3. Extremely bad support. Of course it's free but there's almost no help at all. A dead user forum and a mailing list which doesn't really help much because the owner is not really happy to help. :( --- Fortunately I found a solution which is also free but works like a charm. Extremely easy to install and to set up. And it filters much more spam than ASSP. I don't want to place a link here for that company, just google for "FRAMS".