Arcan is a portable and fully scriptable frontend for launching games, emulators and other full-screen applications in a visual appealing way, as seamlessly as possible. The API is sufficiently complete for other projects as well, e.g. rapid game prototyping
(both 2D and 3D).
Note that we have left sourceforge (thanks for all the spam). The source is hosted on github ( http://www.github.com/letoram/arcan ) and the downloads on bintray https://bintray.com/letoram/arcan-main/
- Fully Scriptable (LUA)
- Video playback, Video recording (webm, lossless)
- 2D features (animations, transformations, picking, particle systems)
- Native emulation (libretro cores for snes,nes,sms,genesis,psx,2600)
- Basic 3D features (models, transformations, shaders)
- Portable (Linux, BSD, Windows, OSX)
- Specialized displaymodes (simulating NTSC signals, CRT phosphor, Vector displays)
Be the first to post a review of arcan-fe!