Appupdater provides advanced functionality to Windows, similar to apt-get or yum on Linux. It automates the process of installing and maintaining up to date versions of programs. It is fully customizable for use in a corporate environment.
- Upgrades can be fully automatic (daily checks), no user intervention required
- Auto-detection of previously installed applications
- Install, Upgrade, or Remove software
- Support for offline use/USB device
- Support for Windows/UNIX/Linux/MAC OS X platforms
- Proxy support
- Support for package installation lists or computer profiles in a corporate environment
- Create your own custom repository if desired (not required)
- Dependency support
- Metalink standard based XML repository files
- Support for use of external Metalink download programs, such as Aria2
- Automatically feedsback installed version information to the server
- Not limited to programs in the registry or with embedded version numbers
- Self upgrading of course!
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Buggy...software will download but saved with improper extension so won't install (prompts for what application you want to open the file "download").
This very idea is next to impossible on Windows Especially if you have two Windows versions installed on different disks in same computer. Notion of centralised updater must be support by every program maker, as it is in Linux, etc. This is not 1st attempt at makeing Windows repository independent of software makers - and it works poorely liek them all. It is fun to play with though, but do not expect it be more, than stream of alerts, some of them true and others false. In automatic mode it ooks ike that: Program keeps downloading Heidi Eraser 6.0.6 when i have 6.0.7 and 5.8.6 installed Programs keep downloading and installing Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 12, when i have PPV 11 installed. It instas it again and again each day. And so on. This is fun toy, but not a reliable tool. BTW, when installing - clear checkbox "run AppUpdater" - otherwise QT library would not be initialised well and the program would look very ugly and would crash. Complete the instaler 1st, and then run the program from Start menu.