An advanced and feature rich Package Manager Frontend. By now supports Archlinux but is being extended to work with deb and rpm based distributions.
- Software sections (games, office, multimedia, internet etc.)
- Shows selected packages homepages in an embedded web browser
- Tray Icon which informs about available updates
- Shows distributions news feeds with an embedded reader
- Upgrades, installs and removes packages
- Informs when a selected for remove package is needed by others
- Shows install/upgrade progress with download speeds and other infos
- Cache cleaner tool (to free some disk space)
- External sources support (AUR for archlinux, CCR for chakra...)
- Authentication structure requires privileges only for the time needed (using what it finds from kdesu, gksu, beesu, xdg-su or at least an xterm where it launches a sudo...)
- Local packages install with double click or from the main GUI
- Repository editor tool
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of AppSet!