This player stands on the giant shoulders of FFmpeg. Audio rendering is accomplished via portaudio v19. Video rendering is via OpenGL, using fragment programs when possible. User interface is implemented with Qt 4.7. ASS/SSA subtitle rendering is implemented with libass. MOD, XM, S3M, IT file support via libmodplug.
This player provides several performance options to enable adequate video playback on slow hardware:
* skip loop filter
* skip non-reference frames
* skip color converter
* reduce playback speed to accommodate slow video decoding
NOTE: Linux binaries are not provided. Please build from source.
- in/out point looping
- alpha channel preview
- flat hierarchical searchable playlist
- automatic playlist bookmarks
- audio tempo scaling via a custom implementation of WSOLA algorithm
- de-interlacing via ffmpeg YADIF filter
- custom algorithm for automatic letterbox crop margin detection
- click-and-drag manual crop region editor
- rich rendering of embedded ASS/SSA subtitles
- rich rendering of Closed Captions
- chapters support
- OSX builds support Apple Remote
Very good little player. The ONLY player that will play HEVC on my computer right now.
do you plan to move to lav filters? like what I see so far
Very good Player, but please add srt support. edit: Ok, I found a way to create .ass from .srt and I can put colors and sizes as I like. Thanks
very good im was long time search alternative to vlc,mpc and mplayer
nice program, very simple. There needs to be support for text file playlists.