This app will fetch the latest image from nasapod, http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ and create a background image from it with a description box for a gnome desktop. Read desktop_nasa.py file for configurations and instructions! Python script.
Now working with Ubuntu 12.04 and prior
- Get the latest picture of the day from Nasa astrophotography of the day and set it as your desktop background image automatically.
- Original image proportions are maintained to the new one.
- Get the description from nasa's site for this image and add this description in a textbox. Or you can select to only display the picture!
- Highly customizable.
- Could only display image, without text if you set variable "GET_IMAGE_ONLY = True".
- For Gnome Desktop only (for now). Source code in Python.
- Tested for many months on Ubuntu 12.04 without a problem so far!
Be the first to post a review of Desktop Background from Nasa APOD!