The AOFlagger is a tool that can find and remove radio-frequency interference (RFI) in radio astronomical observations. The code has been highly optimized for speed and accuracy. It is used by default for the LOFAR radio telescope and thus is in productional stage. The software can run in a fully automated way, but a graphical interface is provided to analyse results and tweak the strategy. The preferred input file format is the Casa Measurement Set (MS) format.
I believe that the AOFlagger is the best available flagger, both in terms of accuracy and speed. It has been succesfully used on several interferometric telescopes, including LOFAR, WSRT, VLA, GMRT, ATCA and MWA, and the single-dish telescopes Parkes and Arecibo 305m.
Besides the flagger, the software consists of tools to efficiently visualize data in different ways, such as plotting time-frequency diagrams and power spectra. It provides the programs rficonsole, rfigui, aoqplot, aoquality and more.
- Fully automatic flagging of RFI
- Most accurate flagger available
- Highly optimized code
- Includes extensive analysis and optimization tools
- Default flagger for LOFAR and MWA observations
- Works on Casa Measurement Sets, sdfits (single dish fits) files and SIGPROC filterbank files