Welcome. This Distro is for older computers . Using a build as you go approach. Iso's are barebones no browser etc ready to add what you want.
Forked from Puppy Linux 412/4.31 and updated.
Before Installation its recommended to read wiki first. Then download your suitable iso from here ( LTS ISO'S FINAL )
I have uploaded lots of extra software for AnitaOS and there i s also some extra wireless drivers for the AnitaOS4.31 iso both of which are here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/files/Anitaos/
. To go to commandline press CTRL ALT together and Backspace.
If you need help with wireless and other topics consult the wiki area. New Info on seamonkey in Wiki Area. If extra wireless Drivers are required, It is best to use the NON-SMP ISO - for extra non-SMP kernel wireless drivers. NEW WGET UPDATE (This Page): https://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/files/Anitaos/
- Fast on old Hardware.
- Build as you go system teaches you as you go.
- Built on Rock Solid Puppy 4 (Now Using Puppy 4.31 as the base) 4.12 Based Buillds still Available in Stable LTS ISO's Section.
- New ISO after 3 years. Enjoy.
- 08-08-2016 Devx for 4.31 edition uploaded to be mounted using sfs load on the fly for compiling.
- Installation Video Guide in the wiki area
- Heaps of Software for everyday use. To access click Browse All Files under latest download. Then click on Anitaos to go inside that folder.
- Minimal ISO (With no browser) - add programs and Web Browser that you want. Plenty on this Site to choose from
- Browsers: https://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/files/Anitaos/Internet/
- Please note the new ISO's include SDL libraries complete by default to run Games
- ISO's Include QT4.5,flash,grub4dos,sqlite 3.6, jre 1.6, ffmpeg,Xine,FFConvert, Flburn, Aumix, Mtools and p7zip-full.flburn
- Unetbootin is now included - acess from commandline. See Wiki
- Also included UExtract - See Wiki
- Now uses ICEwm Desktop by default (JWM by pressing CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE xwin jwm)
- Updated guide to ICEwm in the wiki section
- New wiki info regarding ESS soundcards eg. ES1978
- Mtools and p7zip-full to use with unetbootin added.
- Important new OPENSSL update 1.02l 09.09.17 and bash update (In latest ISO)
- Updated GTK 2, Roxfiler, and Glib 2
- Separate Glic 2.19 Runtime located at /usr/lib/glibc219 use ln -s command to run programs requiring a later Glibc.
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
There are no 2 star reviews.