Menu

Enhancements to Java POS

ADAXA
2010-03-31
2013-03-07
  • ADAXA

ADAXA - 2010-03-31

Adaxa has been attempting to make the Java POS more usable.
    Some details are here
    http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/Touchscreen_POS

We would like to contribute this and are wondering whether it should be in addition to or in place of the existing Java POS.  Either is possible.  There is still work to be done on:
    ..logging in to the POS without using the menu
    ..security of admin functions
    ..admin functions ;-)
    ..payment methods
    ..cash closing reports
    ..automatic log-off so each user has to quickly id themselves to enter a trx
    ..integrate ticket printing (including a pole display) cloned from Openbravo POS
    ..promotions mod to calculate per order line
    ..gift voucher handling

Observations and suggestions are very welcome.

regards

• Thomas Kreser

Thomas Kreser - 2010-03-31

Hi Steve, hi Paul,

the Touchscreen POS looks really phantastic!
    We are eager to give it a test drive :)

Great work!

Greetings from Germany!

Thomas

• peter wong

peter wong - 2010-03-31

Hi i also willing to learn it.

But I do not has partner.

please send email to peter10101010@yahoo.com

• dellph

dellph - 2010-04-01

wow! this is very good. I wil try this and give feedback. :)

• Mario Calderon

Mario Calderon - 2010-04-01

it looks   A M A I Z I N G ! ! !

We will try it out as soon as we can.

Congratulations.

Mario Calderon

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2010-04-02

A company in Thailand here wishes to integrate this POS with the Promotions package. It will be pull-away half screens, where the touchscreen give way to Promotion Pricing figures to make room. At the same time the promotions package needs to be beautify and enhanced with discounts such as amt based besides just qty or percent based. Specs will be posted in a FR.

WDYT?

• Mighty Quin

Mighty Quin - 2011-02-07

Hi,

If possible - could someone give me a heads-up as to whether this touchscreen POS is in production state, or are there still issues with it?…

kind regards
    Quinton

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2011-02-07

Out of the box, this Java POS works pretty well. Have been using it alot for demos only, not production.

• sako

sako - 2011-03-31

I downloaded the latest source from svn (360LTS) and it looks like it contains the old POS and not the touch screen version.  Is there a build which contains the touchscreen POS already integrated?

Also, can any help me with how i can install the touchscreen POS on the version downloaded from svn? There are couple lines at the bottom of http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/Touchscreen_POS but this is not detailed enough for my level of expertise  :-(

Thanks
    Sako

• karsten-thiemann

Hi Sako,

I'm not sure regarding the touchscreen POS but since we moved to Mercurial the latest source is available in our Mercurial repository (see http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/adempiere/adempiere/).

Best regards,
    Karsten

• sako

sako - 2011-03-31

Thanks Karsten… The HG site does not even have the adempiere360 version mentioned.. it only has adempiere354a… how is this possible? is an older branch being maintained while a newer branch exists? I was reading around and it seems 361 will be out soon… so, 360 must be maintained too but where? is that the svn version? how are merges performed between SVN and HG? any help is appreciated. Thanks