ADAPRO is a free-to-use word processor geared towards individuals with a learning difficulty like dyslexia or a developmental disorder such as autism. Its adapted, seamless and configurable interface provides a simplified environment that can be relied, fostering the user's sustained attention.
It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose. Supports English, Spanish and Portuguese. If Java 6 or higher is already present on the computer, it does not even require installation.
This project has been part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the PCT-MAC 2007-2013 programme.
- Inline representation of words through pictograms.
- Extensive pictogram database for more than 10000 concepts.
- Virtual keypad with configurable phrase buttons with/without pictograms
- Includes Sarakanda, a dyslexia-friendly font.
- PBDQ highlighting and high-contrast modes.
- User-friendly document management: pictogram labelling and instant preview.
- Multi-user support with avatar-based identification.
- Fully customisable editing interface for every user.
- RTF conversion for further editing in OpenOffice or Word.
- Hassle-free: no prior installation required if Java 6 present.
- Portable: suitable for use on removable media such as a pen drive.
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
There are no 1 star reviews.