A tool that detects the use of many constructs in Ada programs. Use it to control style or programming rules, but also as a powerful tool to search for use (or non-use) of various forms of programming styles or design patterns.
- More than 500 different rules and subrules
- Own language to define checks to be performed
- Variety of report formats
- Integration into GPS, GnatHub and GnatDashboard
- Automatic and interactive fixing of violations
- Professional commercial support from Adalog
Really nice, lot of rules to choose from! With this tool it is possible to ensure that the project follows the agreed source guidelines.
Don't believe you do apply some design rules, unless you can check these are indeed followed: here comes AdaControl, a must have. Not as strong as formal check, but really can help. More handy than formal methods, more safe than no check at all (well, beyond types and cie.): recommended entry point to Ada software validation. Bonus: not just a checker, you can do hight level semantic request with it too! Really more relevant than greping a source directory for some identifiers…