A portable library and tools for archiving images of tapes with Atari 8-bit computer software. Provides a common interface for loading and saving tape images in various formats. Designed for use by emulators and Atari<->PC communication software.
- A portable ANSI C library, liba8cas, with common interface for loading and saving Atari 8-bit tapes
- A command-line tool, a8cas-convert, that replaces WAV2CAS as the most reliable tool to archive Atari cassettes
- Support for CAS image format and all sound formats supported by libsndfile (WAV, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC etc.)
- Ability to archive tapes with even the strangest copy-protection schemes (turbo tapes excluded for now)
- Provides a patch for the Atari800 emulator which adds supports to load and save tapes
Very good for atarians who still work with tapes. The patched atari800 emulator is also an excellent tool not only for testing.