This isn't so much a feature request as it is a discussion(?) and a response to this post: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2917172&group_id=115828&atid=672824
Just before 0.078 was released, I was working (on my own) on adding permissions. I did this by changing most of the functions in ClientCommands.cpp to interfaces to functions that could also be called externally. These functions would first check an as yet unwritten class to see if the calling user had permission to use the function, or even to get back a reply, then if allowed would go ahead and perform the action. I was unsure how to proceed with adding lines to the config for this, though--the code for parsing the config look a bit difficult to me, and I didn't like the idea of messing with it. Unfortunately, I lost what I did when I (stupidly) deleted 0.078-dev after it was released. If someone else is willing to start a project to do something like this, I'm willing to help out as much as I can, though I'm not sure how much I can really do.
Log in to post a comment.