My use case:
I have a client (irssi) running all the time in a screen session. This client is connected to my znc. When I leave my desk I set my irssi to be away and I normally start using Colloquy Mobile or some other local client on the mobile platform that I use. When this mobile client connects I want it to get a playback of what has happened in all channels and queries since I sat my last client away or disconnected. Yes, I COULD get almost what I want by just using Keep Buffer, but that generates way too much noise and eats precious cellphone bandwith (ok, I do not pay my own phone bill, but some people do..).
So what I really like to see in znc is:
* When any one client sets itself away recording to the playback buffer begins even if clients are still connected.
* When any one client disconnects recording to the playback buffer begins ven if there are other clients connected.
* When any one client connects and there is a buffer present the buffer is played back to that client, and that client only. Depending on the keep buffer setting the buffer is deleted.
* When that client disconnects or sets itself away recording to the buffer begins again.
* And thus the days fly by.
This is something I would REALLY appreciate. If the developer that implements this drops by Halden, Norway please tell oo on EFNet so he can buy you beer :)
Log in to post a comment.