i want to to use a ZD1211B in a non-Linux embedded
system (hobbyist project, should be GPLed when working).
The system contains a uC with USB host and an USB stick (currently i have a
SNU5600 from Philips).
The USB part is already working (at least i can access an usb mem stick),
so now i can concentrate on ZD1211B part.
Reading in VID / PID (0471 / 1236) is also already working.
Can you perhaps help me with some initial steps to
get ZD1211B working:
1) Is there meanwhile some documentation, how
things are working or must existing drivers again be reverese engineered ? I saw
some questions on it in the past but i think there was almost no
2) What initial steps are needed to setup operation of ZD1211B
3) Must i load firmware everytime ? Or only when
used firmware is older than firmware in files ? Just for understanding: Is
ZD1211B a RAM based device ?
4) Which firmware file must i load ? There are
multiple ones (which have different names), must all of them loaded for complete
software ? Is there a certain order for loading ? What does "ub", "uph", "uphm",
"uphr", "ur" mean ?
5) Which source to take best as base for new
development ? Look into latest linux sources or sourceforge archive
? Or somewhere else ?
6) Last, but not least: Has someone already done a similar thing, which i
can take as reference ? But i haven't found something with google...
Regards and thanks for helping,