PDF417

Anonymous
2011-09-15
2015-09-25
  • Anonymous - 2011-09-15

Hi, I was looking for PDF417 support but from the previous forum posts it seems ZBar doesn't support it yet. However, I would like to ask 2 questions:

1) I've found since reading the previous forum posts that there is a ZBAR_PDF417 symbol on the source code. Perhaps this was added since those posts and you're already working on it or it's already done?

2) If it's not done, can you give me some pointers on where to start implementing it myself? I've experience with open source projects, although not with computer vision stuff, and I'm sure you can provide a good set of tips on where to check stuff on your existing code and materials about the cv algorithms I might need.

Thanks and congrats on the excellent lib!

• daniel8169

daniel8169 - 2012-02-02

i've no idea about this zbar-pdf417. i just used the pdf417 sdk for .net project to generate a pdf417 at a web page. and it works nice!

• Phillip

Phillip - 2013-01-09

I also never heard of zbar-pdf417 you mentioned. What I am using now is a Java PDF-417 Bar code Generator.

• recthor

recthor - 2013-06-25

i think you can google barcode generator and you will find many useful tools, or google how to create barcode to get instructive articles. i ahve years of experience in barcode generation, i am using this barcode generator which can create pdf417 code in c# and other formats, you can have a try.

Last edit: recthor 2013-07-29
  • makaveiljojo

makaveiljojo - 2013-12-17

Try a PDF-417 Java Control, here are the reasons you might want to take a look: 1.Completely compatible with Java SDK 1.4.2 and later version
    2.Generate PDF-417 barcodes in Java class easily and quickly
    3.Support adding PDF-417 barcodes in iReport and Eclipse BIRT
    4.Reset rich parameters of PDF-417 barcode image in Java easily
    5.Create advanced PDF-417 barcodes in PNG, BMP, GIF and JPEG formats

• walnutmon

walnutmon - 2015-09-25

https://github.com/glassechidna/zxing-cpp is a barcode scanning library in cpp that supports pdf417, the results I've gotten from it are not the best, but it does work in many cases. I'm looking at zbar now because some of the issues are related to not getting the best images from the mobile camera.

free or even inexpensive quality 2D barcode reading software still seems to be an empty market, everything I've found is expensive and licensing is restrictive; it would be great to have better quality open source readers; and including pdf417 would be very nice for zbar

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks