Writing Graphics2D to dxf

• Martin

Martin - 2003-08-12

is it possible widh Ycad to write a Graphics2D content (only Fonts) to a dxf file. The filling of the font should be a hatching.
    I hope there is a way to solve this problem.

Best Regards

• Ed Karlo

Ed Karlo - 2003-08-12

I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind but I don't believe Ycad will do this (as least not without some work).  Ycad is fairly good at reading and rendering dxf files.  The writing of dxf files is incomplete.  The infrastructure for writing is there but most entities are not written.  I didn't want to spend a lot of time on that until it was really needed by someone.  It is possible to create dxf entities "on-the-fly" using the supplied classes and then render and/or write them out (see package ycadtest) but there is nothing to take Graphics2D content and create dxf entities.  One would have to create code for this.

Ed Karlo

• Kiko Aumond

Kiko Aumond - 2011-11-18

Hi, I've reactivating this thread after 8 years ;-)  I am new to Ycad and I would like to know if there has been more functionality developed for converting a Graphics2D drawing to a dxf file.   If that functionality is not there I would be willing to take a stab at it.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks