From: Brian Ingerson <ingy@tt...> - 2002-01-01 03:24:45
Hi guys. I've been offline for a while. I was down in South
Carolina, interviewing for a new job. I got it. I'll be an East
Coaster in a 4 weeks.
I just finished finished catching up on the latest. I think we are all
pretty close on agreement. I've been working a lot on YAML.pm. It can
Dump and Load Perl code (subroutine references) now! Typeglobs too. It's
getting very cool. I just talked to an old buddy tonight who discovered
the module and is using it to generate web content from YAML documents.
I have 10 YACs that I want to propose. Yes 10. Don't get scared. I think
it will be relatively painless. I don't have time to submit all of them
tonight. I'd also like Clark to tell me where I can check them in to. I
will write the YACs in YAML of course! (current YAML only)
Here is a preview:
1) Throwaways (comments/blanks)
2) Indentation Rules (generic indentation)
3) Scalar Indicators (including indentation level)
4) Top Level Inlines (I want them)
5) Assumed Header (If none is provided)
6) Sequence of Map Collapsing (6.2)
7) Perl Class Names (No sigils! Clean and powerful)
8) YAML Ain't Markup Language (It ain't!)
9) No New Directives for 1.0 (including SCHEMA)
10) No Split Functionality for 1.0 ( - a b c )
1, 2 and 3 have already been discussed. I just have a few things to add.
4 and 5 are things to clean up the edge cases. 6 is already a YAC. 7 is
in my domain, but I want your input. 8 is silly. 9 and 10 don't need to
be YACs. They are more like anti-YACs.
So not that much. Just basically cleaning up what we have. Please
reserve comments until I actually post the YACs. I don't have time at
this very moment. It's New Years Eve. I need to drink :)
Happy New Year, Brian