YahooPOPs 0.3.3/Windows has been released.
The following new features have been added to this release:
for the new Yahoo! Mail Beta site
2) Document on how to compile YahooPOPs!
(Its present in the help file). I haven't found the time to verify whether
the instructions are accurate. Someone needs to verify this.
3) Option to
change the POP3 port. Next release will support changing of IP address as
4) Support for the yahoo.co.uk (United Kingdom) website
1) Configuration details for Eudora added to
Some bug fixes:
1) Proxy authentication information was not being
2) If "Max emails per session" feature was being used with a value
less than 25, then emails were not being deleted.
internal code changes:
1) Removed deletion of Yahoo specific
email headers. Their deletion was of no use.
2) Removed addition of the
"Content-Length" header. This is an optional header and email clients work
I require your help for the following:
With the change in the Yahoo interface (Beta site), I need some strings
translated to various languages to ensure that the regional Yahoo sites continue
to function. In the yahoo.com site, you will see a string like "Messages 1-10 of
10" to indicate that there are 10 emails. What is the equivalent string shown in
the regional sites? Send me the exact string.
2) Testing of the proxy
authentication feature. I do not have access to a proxy server with proxy
authentication enabled. It'll take me some time to get one proxy server up on my
machine to test this. In the meanwhile, if someone who already has access to
such a proxy server could test it out and let me know where the bug is, it would
be a great timesaver.
3) I haven't found the time to verify whether the instructions of compiling
YahooPOPs! are accurate. Someone needs to verify this.