Difference between command line and gui

Help
tbdenigman
2005-01-24
2013-04-24
  • tbdenigman

tbdenigman - 2005-01-24

I'm having a problem between running gvidcap on the command line and using the gui.  I use this command line with the gui

gvidcap --fps 8.0 --continue no --time 0 --frames 0 --cap_geometry 1400x1050+103+85 --file test.avi --gui no

With that command, it records fine but when I try to play the resulting movie with WMP 10 I get the following error:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Now, if I run the same command without the --gui option, wait for the gui to appear, press the record button manually everything works fine, and the movie plays with WMP 10 just fine.

Can anyone think of what I might be doing wrong.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Karl H. Beckers

Karl H. Beckers - 2005-01-25

Hi,
      what version of xvidcap are you talking about?
      Can you provide two small example videos? One recoreded with and one without GUI?

Please also file a bug, as getting a working video should not depend on the usage of the GUI.

Thanks,

Karl.

• Karl H. Beckers

Karl H. Beckers - 2005-01-25

Btw., can mplayer read the video where WMP complains?
      What file type does mplayer detect?
      can you start both command versions (GUI or no) with the -v parameter and send the output?

Thanks,

Karl.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks