Menu

Suggestion conc. resources / pages xml

2007-04-21
2013-04-17
  • Guido Haberkamp

Guido Haberkamp - 2007-04-21

Hi Luan,

sorry I didn't post in a while, I'm deeply involved in my local project so my spare time is a bit limited now.

I printed out the documentation and am currently reading it.

While trying out some sample code from there I noticed that the XUI Editor opens every xml file in a layout view. Also for instance the styles.xml or validations.xml.

For I would like to edit any project related file from within Eclipse, I changed the "open with..." to TextEditor, so that the content of the 'resource' xml files isn't overwritten with a blank XPage by  the XUI Editor.

Do you think it is possible / make sense to change the standard editor for these (resource) files by default ?

One second thing: I know the Documentation is about the commercial Carousel version, but is it possible to do some of the examples (the ones with components also contained in the open source version) by simply adding the CarouselSwingComponents.jar to the XUI Project Librairies ?

Best regards and a nice weekend,

Guido

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-04-21

Guido,

I had the impression that Eclipse would already do that for you, i.e. open in the same editor/view as the last time you viewed the file. I will try to take a look on Monday (I've been travelling all week) and next week time will be tight as we finalize out JavaOne presentations.

The CarouselSwingComponents.jar contains some Swing components and won't add any capabilities other than these components to the editor. Unfortunately the Carousel editor components are so far only available on NetBeans - I can make a version available if you like (it will released under the GPL license).

Most of the things in the manual can however be accomplished with just the Kalideoscope plugin and some manual editing (in most places I have tried to include the Java and XML for the particular features). However, I may be better able to help if you can focus on a particular feature/aspect. There's no problem sending loads of questions as we are still finalizing the documentation and will be happy to check through stuff.

Luan

• Guido Haberkamp

Guido Haberkamp - 2007-04-21

Hi Luan,

> I had the impression that Eclipse would already do that for you, i.e. open in the same > editor/view as the last time you viewed the file.

Yes that is true, but if you open it for the first time (via double click) the default editor is set to XUI Editor. I guess this is because of the file extension (xml).

> I can make a version available if you like (it will released under the GPL license).

Yes that would be great.

> Most of the things in the manual can however be accomplished with just the
      > Kalideoscope plugin and some manual editing (in most places I have tried to include
      > the Java and XML for the particular features). However, I may be better able to help
      > if you can focus on a particular feature/aspect. There's no problem sending loads of
      > questions as we are still finalizing the documentation and will be happy to check
      > through stuff.

I will (focus and ask) also I found some spelling errors, what would be the most efficient way to pass them to you ?

Best regards,

Guido
      Luan

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-04-21

I'll try to get a version posted early in the week.

With regard to the spelling issues you can just send a snippet with the error highlighted and a reference to the chapter and section.

Thanks

• Luan O'Carroll

Luan O'Carroll - 2007-04-26

I've added the corrections you sent and I'm will posting an updated PDF in the next 10 mins or so to http://xui.sf.net/downloads/nightly/26042007

Thanks again