OWL Integration...

Plugins
2006-10-12
2013-04-26
  • Francis Crossen

Francis Crossen - 2006-10-12

(New thread because the other one refers to older versions of OWL/XRMS)

Note on installing OWL 0.93

Problem:
    The OWL plugin for XRMS looks for OWL_API.php but the OWL_API file is actually OWL_API.inc

Solution:
    In linux create a symlink in owl/lib as follows:
    'ln -s OWL_API.inc OWL_API.php'.

I get SQL errors at the moment, so this isn't a HOWTO. I'm posting as I go along and this isn't a priority for us.

<rant>why can't it be .php or .inc.php for those of us who want to keep our apache config as defalt as possible?</rant>

• Francis Crossen

Francis Crossen - 2006-10-12

Next:
      rpms for CentOS4/RHEL4 (mostly found on dries.studentenweb.org)

xpdf (for pdftotext)
      unrtf
      antiword

(These provide the tools that are referred to in the OWL Administration screen) paths in CentOS are different from the defaults so do check each one.

• Grzegorz

Grzegorz - 2006-10-17

Did You find how to fix these SQL errors? If You do please let know.

Thanks

• Francis Crossen

Francis Crossen - 2006-10-18

Sorry Grzegorz, I never progressed further on OWL. It got bumped WAAAAYYYYYYY down the list of priorities for now.
          It is something I'll revisit later though, and I'll post my experiences here.

F...

• Grzegorz

Grzegorz - 2006-10-20

Hi my next expiriences concidering OWL:

the problem with sql errors is due to some errors in GUP_Pager class.

OWL plugin  passes retrieved data to GUP_PAger instead of passing sql, and Pager instead of just displaying the data tires to invoke the empty sql with added order by clause. And this causes an error.

After I fix this it occured that additionally Pager fails to display the data passed by plugin,
            the data is here (print_r method shows it) but it isnt displayed correctly.

I hope that somebody who knows XRMS better will fix before I spend too much time on it (-;

Regards

• Brian Peterson

Brian Peterson - 2006-10-20

I haven't had time here to upgrade OWL to the newest OWL version and work through any issues. 

Could you please provide the exact error you see in the Pager code?  The Pager can display either array data, as with OWL, or SQL data.  So, if you're seeing the Pager expect SQL, then pasting the exact error would help others incling me to troubleshoot the problem.  Without giving us all the ugly details, you're forcing us to stumble through it on our own, and I just don't have time for that right now.

Help us help you. :)

Regards,

- Brian

• Grzegorz

Grzegorz - 2006-10-20

Hi.

In GUP_Pager.php i Render method
                in line 349 there is a call:
                    $this->GetData();
                in GetData Method line:416 there is a line:
                $this->sql .= $this->order_by;

so it adds order by even if sql is empty, and furher on it will be executed and fail (-:

I think line :
                $this->sql .= $this->order_by;
                shall be replaced with:
                if($this->sql) $this->sql .= $this->order_by;

It removes an ERROR but it still does not cause files to appear (however print_r shows they are there, and upload works)

This is all I know now...

regards

• Grzegorz

Grzegorz - 2006-10-20

Fix I gave in previous post is enough to make it work.

There is also need to set column layouts in Pager in order to make files displayed.

So just add the line and everything is ok

regards

• xboxer21

xboxer21 - 2006-12-23

grzegorz7,
                    I followed the fix you suggested and looks like everything is working. But I dont see an option to add files. Am I missing anything?

Thanks for you help.

• Brian Peterson

Brian Peterson - 2006-10-17

I'll fix our API to look for the .inc file used in newer versions of OWL.

I haven't tried upgrading our OWL installation to see if there are incompatibilities in the integration at this point.

Regards,

- Brian