XRMS with Postgres

Help
2012-09-25
2013-04-26
  • N Gururaja Rao

N Gururaja Rao - 2012-09-25

I  checked out latest CVS trunk and tired to install xrms with Postgres. I have a amd64 laptop with Debian Squeeze installed.

I am getting the following error:

"Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/include/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 404 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/include/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 416 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /opt/include/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 1445 "

I tried using adodb4.68 and even freshly downloaded adodb5. On Postgres side I used both 8.4 and 9.1 with corresponding drivers postgres8 and postgres9. I am getting this error in all combinations.

I tried to install XRMS with adodb4.68 and Mysql. It went through like a knife in butter.

Several places it was claimed that adodb will support postgres. Can any one help me in correcting the xmlschema.inc.php? I have other application compulsions to use Postgres.

Thanks in advance

• PMan

PMan - 2012-09-26

To my knowledge, xrms never supported Postgres. It's a great app, but no developers. The last "release" was in 2006. There have been updates to the repo since then, but I think it's been over a year since any of the 3 admins have posted.

It's a shame, xrms was/is a great app…

Try Epesi BIM. It's open source, PHP and uses MySQL or Postgres.

Regards

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks