Menu

Email : xrms-cvs

Help
2011-03-05
2013-04-26
  • helpfull1961

helpfull1961 - 2011-03-05

More recently (since the hack on sourceforge) the CVS e-mail sytem doesnt work. I dont receive informations about new online Files. In the e-mail repository, these new files are not displayed.

• 360team.ca

360team.ca - 2011-03-05

Hi, helpfull!

Unfortunately, SourceForge is not yet back to normal and yes, the CVS e-mail notification is still down.  The email list archive that you refer to is also down.  Other tools are not working either, like rsync and adminrepo which has made it impossible for me to address the CVS corruption of the /include/adodb folder, not to mention that I am now convinced that XRMS has to move to Subversion instead.  I logged a support ticket with SourceForge a couple of weeks back when it happened but there has been no significant movement on that yet.  I could try and do workarounds but that will just eat up my development time so I've decided to wait it out for now.

All in all, SourceForge has still some work to do before the restore services.  I keep track of it and, as soon as something starts moving, I will start making changes and announcements about them.

In the meantime, since my main focus at the moment is to address all the Bugs logged in the Bug Tracker, just keep an eye on that (you could also subscribe to email notifications from the Bug Tracker - those do work!).  Finally, as a last resort, you can periodically do a CVS checkout but remember to fix the /include/adodb folder before deploying the code.

I am trying to work around the present limitations of SourceForge and not allow them to slow me down.  I know it is inconvenient for everyone (including me) but I don't think it is justified to expend large chunks of time researching and applying workarounds for what is still a temporary situation (yes, I know it has been a loooong temporary LOL)

Thank you all for your patience and have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Ivaylo