Do not re-use existing sessions

• tvoelkel

tvoelkel - 2013-03-01

Hello. I'm running a terminal-server on RHEL5 with Gnome2 and XRDP. It happens that a user randomly gets his gnome session hanging or crashing so no 'logout' is possible. When closing the RDP connection in Windows and trying re-login, XRDP continues the hanging session and the user is unable to use the terminalserver until I manually kill his gnome-session pid. Is there an option to make xrdp NOT re-use existing sessions? Or maybe an option to execute a little SH script when logging in through xrdp, so I can make that script kill the existing gnome session if it exists.

• Ron Tidwell

Ron Tidwell - 2013-03-01

i am not positive but I think in the sesmam.ini if you set KillDisconnect=1, will cause the session to kill on a disconnect.. Although I would more concerned as why the session is locking up.  I have it had where a Java session will hang, but not the whole session.

• tvoelkel

tvoelkel - 2013-03-01

That would be the perfect solution indeed.. but the manual of sesman.ini says that the KillDisconnected and the IdleTimeLimit options are currently ignored :(

• Getut

Getut - 2013-07-18

I'm also having this issue. Its so bad it should be considered a security issue from a denial of service standpoint. If using this software in anything other than an individual user environment the user load eventually kills the server. My server never sees more than 8-10 users concurrently but over the course of a day it WOULD see 50-100 unique users, but it exhausts its RAM and crashes well before that because of all the hung open sessions.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks