Home

wildchld

Welcome to your wiki!

This is the default page, edit it as you see fit. To add a new page simply reference it within brackets, e.g.: [SamplePage].

The wiki uses Markdown syntax.

Project Admins:


Discussion

  • wildchld

    wildchld - 2012-11-25

    Features

    v46
    XquiziT xD v47 SGH-T999 S3
    Added Stock OC/OV Kernel (Thx! sairegsx)
    ReModded XQZ Tweaks w/OC & UV Settings
    Tethering should be 100% now!
    The OC/UV is preset to -25 on voltages and 1.72 for the OC.
    I have found this to be great settings for 3 tested phones as we all know that not all CPU's are the same.
    These work very well and give good battery life with good performance.
    Check this out... http://goo.gl/s1T5l Now that's Wicked lol

     
    Last edit: wildchld 2012-11-25
    • Thomas

      Thomas - 2012-12-04

      Wild thanks for thew update, the rom is solid and the battery life is beyond real, however the only problem i have was that i didn't get an APN, so i created one, and i am unable to get mms, i get picture message with a download but is unable to download. Anyway thanks again for your hard work and your rom is still unmatched.
      Edit: I was able to get it working and man now.... well lets just say that this thing is sweeeeetttttttt.. Thanks man

       
      Last edit: Thomas 2012-12-04
  • wildchld

    wildchld - 2012-12-03

    Wonder why this thread wasn't locked like mine???

    "*Corrected Pulldown (no longer reads Frosty JB)[thanks bdorr]"

    I guess "Wicked" was a lockable offence!!!

    BS!

     
  • wildchld

    wildchld - 2012-12-05

    Don't know why your mot getting an APN there are 2 by default. Did you do a
    full wipe? I'm sure the mms is because of the APN missing. Try a clean
    install.
    On Dec 4, 2012 9:45 AM, "Thomas" pantect@users.sf.net wrote:

    Wild thanks for thew update, the rom is solid and the battery life is
    beyond real, however the only problem i have was that i didn't get an APN,
    so i created one, and i am unable to get mms, i get picture message with a
    download but is unable to download. Anyway thanks again for your hard work
    and your rom is still unmatched.


    Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
    https://sourceforge.net/p/xquizit/wiki/Home/

    To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
    https://sourceforge.net/auth/prefs/

     
    • Thomas

      Thomas - 2012-12-05

      I did do a full wipe before install (x2) however i got it to work and it's running smooth as ever and the quadrant score is a 6443 man that Wicked, lol. Thank you very much

       
  • wildchld

    wildchld - 2012-12-05

    Glad its working. Let me ask did you Odin the stock LJA? Cause my quadrants
    run from 6700 to 7000. I know they don't really mean much I just use it for
    a gauge. But if you haven't Odin the stock yet it does make a difference.
    On Dec 5, 2012 2:06 PM, "Thomas" pantect@users.sf.net wrote:

    I did do a full wipe before install (x2) however i got it to work and it's
    running smooth as ever and the quadrant score is a 6443 man that Wicked,
    lol. Thank you very much


    Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
    https://sourceforge.net/p/xquizit/wiki/Home/

    To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
    https://sourceforge.net/auth/prefs/

     
  • Thomas

    Thomas - 2012-12-05

    Yes i did, I did it the very first time that you released LJA, but i mess with the phone alot but i have settled back on your rom and so far this is the best i have ever seen. Ok just ran it again and i got a 6654 so it seems like the more it settles the better it gets.
    thanks

     
    Last edit: Thomas 2012-12-05
  • cLogic

    cLogic - 2012-12-20

    hi wild .. loved your stuff on xda :)

    I put a tether question and offer thread there in q&a section of tmobile sgs3 that might interest you

    just noticed v50 released... congrats :)

    I'm on Canadian version T999V, videotron, recently released jb 4.1.1 baseband T999VVLDLL1 which is slightly newer than the LJA version ...
    any special instructions?

    when you say full wipe.. you're talking about factory reset + wipe cache + wipe dalvik .. yes?

     
  • wildchld

    wildchld - 2012-12-20

    You can try to flash over but yea factory wipe is recommended. Only diff
    with 999v is the kernel right.
    On Dec 19, 2012 11:13 PM, "cLogic" clogicca@users.sf.net wrote:

    hi wild .. loved your stuff on xda :)

    I put a tether question and offer thread there in q&a section of tmobile
    sgs3 that might interest you

    just noticed v50 released... congrats :)

    I'm on Canadian version T999V, videotron, recently released jb 4.1.1
    baseband T999VVLDLL1 which is slightly newer than the LJA version ...
    any special instructions?

    when you say full wipe.. you're talking about factory reset + wipe cache +
    wipe dalvik .. yes?


    Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
    https://sourceforge.net/p/xquizit/wiki/Home/

    To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
    https://sourceforge.net/auth/prefs/

     
  • cLogic

    cLogic - 2012-12-20

    is there any way to save desktop home screens so that I can restore them and don't have to rebuild them from scratch? that and redoing all main settings after factory reset is always a real pain

    I think it's more than just the kernel.. we have unrestricted native android tethering for one thing.. please check My thread on xda, with screenshots, where I am trying to save all My tethering files and/or share with devs to restore native tethering after tmobile rom install or help you dev a rom with native tethering
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2052301

    also, we have most of the Samsung premium upgrade.. camera low light, share shot and face something.. page buddy (love it!).. block mode toggle.. expandable notifications.. possibly more

    I'm gonna have to look in titanium and/or /system to find if I can copy and restore it

    btw.. last I checked, main page shows v46 info and download area says latest version is v28

    cheers

     
  • wildchld

    wildchld - 2012-12-21

    On 12/20/2012 06:32 AM, cLogic wrote:

    is there any way to save desktop home screens so that I can restore
    them and don't have to rebuild them from scratch? that and redoing all
    main settings after factory reset is always a real pain

    I think it's more than just the kernel.. we have unrestricted native
    android tethering for one thing.. please check My thread on xda, with
    screenshots, where I am trying to save all My tethering files and/or
    share with devs to restore native tethering after tmobile rom install
    or help you dev a rom with native tethering
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2052301

    also, we have most of the Samsung premium upgrade.. camera low light,
    share shot and face something.. page buddy (love it!).. block mode
    toggle.. expandable notifications.. possibly more

    I'm gonna have to look in titanium and/or /system to find if I can
    copy and restore it

    btw.. last I checked, main page shows v46 info and download area says
    latest version is v28

    cheers


    Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
    https://sourceforge.net/p/xquizit/wiki/Home/

    To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
    https://sourceforge.net/auth/prefs/

    Yea TW doesn't have a save feature but you can try looking in
    /data/data/com.sec.android.app.launcher save that file and then replace
    it. Other than that nope.

    Most of those apps can be ported and I have but it makes the rom a bit
    unstable. I even had multiwindow working but wouldn't do split window it
    would FC. TMO is reading the forums cause every time someone gets
    tethering working they come up with a fix to kill it.

    I tell you what I'll take a look at the T999v and try to merge them
    then in aroma I can make it a option to load T999 or T999v but as you
    prob have not heard I have a project at work that is taking all my spare
    time plus I'm just getting over the flu that gave me pneumonia. I
    normally have from today off till the 2nd of Jan but not this year. :(

    I don't post on xda anymore after a dispute with a "team" and the mods.
    When the T999 first came out there were a few dev's that we all got
    along and shared but once the "teams" joined in they try to take over
    the forums and push everyone that did the real dev out. reason 1 I hate
    xda! Number 2 all the code is open source but the "teams" think they own
    the code that none of them wrote or dev. So once I have some time I will
    open a thread on rootzwiki till the sourceforge is the only place you
    can find me. The "teams" rip more code out of other roms than any single
    dev and thats bullshit!

    BTW just released v51 fixed missing APN on full wipe in the files
    section... Thx!

     
  • cLogic

    cLogic - 2012-12-22

    this is why I am suggesting to use Mine as a base.. Mine seems to be actual stock Samsung rom, with native stock android tethering.. as long as we can figure out all of the files that are part of the tethering "package".. they can't "fix" native tethering. the tmobile stock rom is a modified version of the stock Samsung rom

    I appreciate your help and work :)

    I also am a developer.. been quite busy working on two large applications for two separate clients.. otherwise I might be more involved in the phone stuff

    you don't have to post, just look at My thread cuz there are screenshots of My native tethering.. it's prolly all documented on the aosp source site

    yes, I've seen how xda is.. 90% hackers
    changing parameters in .h and make files and then recompiling is not developing, but whatever

    I was running v40 of your rom, then reverted to stock dec 3 when Samsung Canada announced jb update, turned out to be just for the i747(M) models.. grrr.. took advantage to try roms: wicked (nothing special, despite the user raves), frosty (smooth, quite nice, but had to debloat and tweak), freeGS3 (very good, smooth)

    we got our jb update dec 14
    I am gonna try your rom this weekend
    I have heard that many are having trouble installing/running JLA roms on LL1 baseband.. so we'll see how yours goes

    we'll also see whether I can do without whichever features I lose lol

    doesn't matter about APN's.. I usually end up restoring My APN backup cuz tmobile stuff is useless in Canada

    you can email Me clogicca@gmail.com or use chat messengers

    which kitchen goes with v51 ?

     
  • cLogic

    cLogic - 2012-12-22

    I'm running v51 :)
    notes:
    I said no to Dropbox, Google+ but they installed anyway
    should add Currents, Play Music to the installer

    after each boot I get "unfortunately com.android.secphone has stopped" or something similar .. but then seems fine .. will keep advised

    ok, time to remove Google+, Currents, Play Music, tmobile voicemail and tmobile hotspot (if I can find it) =)

    I'm also looking into modifying the build.prop and other config files.. I hate seeing wrong model, country, etc

     
    Last edit: cLogic 2012-12-22
  • pantect

    pantect - 2012-12-22

    Wild man this update is super smooth, thank you very much for all that you do and for still allowing us to experience your greatness. I just love this update.
    Thanks again.

     
  • wildchld

    wildchld - 2012-12-22

    On 12/22/2012 11:42 AM, pantect wrote:

    Wild man this update is super smooth, thank you very much for all that
    you do and for still allowing us to experience your greatness. I just
    love this update.
    Thanks again.


    Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
    https://sourceforge.net/p/xquizit/wiki/Home/

    To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
    https://sourceforge.net/auth/prefs/

    Thanks!

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks