I'm using now version XQF version 1.0 from Debian [but this bug also were on previous version].
The problem occurs only when refreshing servers for Enemy Territory, it always stalls if the list includes the server: 220.127.116.11:27960 (which is recevied from id master). I suspect that server is half-misconfigured.
The only solution is to press the stop button in xqf, then i sort the servers by the address and select all the servers above that one, and refresh goes ok. Then i repeat with the servers bellow it and all ok again. But if i try to refresh just this server, the program gets stalled until the stop button pressed.
I have tried this server directly with qstat (quakestat in Debian) and it prints only the headers and waits indefinited time with no results (and no "down" message). It even fails using a timeout.
I have tried also to connect directly to this server with the game but i always got "awaiting gamestate", never stablished full connection. Maybe, this server have a bad configuration so it replies to the first part of protocol, but never terminates the sequence of information or connection.
There could be a specific problem in my network, but i have found no problems with all the other servers.
One solution could be to have a kind of "black-list" file of servers to never update nor check, and the option to include servers in this list by the user.
Thank you for the best program for games.
Log in to post a comment.