Please help me to debug error with 1.0b3

Help
Anonymous
2010-10-12
2013-05-28
  • Anonymous - 2010-10-12

    Hi, I'm very excited to see that you've improved on Xplanner.  We were at 0.7b7 and are attempted to upgrade to 1.0b3.  I can login, view the project, click on an iteration, then I get the blue page.  Looking in the localhost log from Tomcat I see:

    SEVERE: Exception Processing ErrorPage[exceptionType=javax.servlet.ServletException, location=/WEB-INF/jsp/common/unexpectedError.jsp]
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/layout/defaultLayout.jsp': javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: null
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:460)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:355)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:679)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:399)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom(StandardHostValve.java:364)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.throwable(StandardHostValve.java:213)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:135)
            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
            at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)
            at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)
            at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:773)
            at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703)
            at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:895)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    

    Any idea what the problem is or how I could enable more detailed logging to see what is causing the error?

     
  • Anonymous - 2010-10-13

    I found the source of my problem by performing a clean 1.0b3 install on a Ubuntu 10.4 system with Tomcat 6.  The key is that Ubuntu's Tomcat uses OpenJDK which doesn't have a working implementation of com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGEncodeParam.  So for the near term, I've switched to 'xplanner.progressbar.impl=html' in WEB-INF/classes/xplanner-custom.properties

    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
    java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGEncodeParam, but interface was expected
        at com.technoetic.xplanner.tags.ProgressBarImage.encodeJPEG(ProgressBarImage.java:189)
        at com.technoetic.xplanner.tags.CewolfProgressBarChartImage.render(CewolfProgressBarChartImage.java:48)
        at com.technoetic.xplanner.tags.CewolfProgressBarChartImage.getBytes(CewolfProgressBarChartImage.java:40)
        at de.laures.cewolf.storage.SerializableChartImage.<init>(SerializableChartImage.java:51)
        at com.technoetic.xplanner.tags.ProgressBarImageTag.getChartImage(ProgressBarImageTag.java:41)
        at com.technoetic.xplanner.tags.ProgressBarImageTag.doStartTag(ProgressBarImageTag.java:32)
        at com.technoetic.xplanner.tags.ProgressBarDelegatorTag.doStartTag(ProgressBarDelegatorTag.java:53)
        at org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.view.iteration.progress_jsp._jspService(progress_jsp.java:108)
    

    The 'Metrics' link from an iteration is still broken, but I can live without that.  In the longer term, I'll look into running Tomcat on Ubuntu with Sun's JDK instead of OpenJDK.

     

Log in to post a comment.