From: D M German <dmg@uv...> - 2012-04-19 20:46:22
I have finally completed a working implementation of Searching in the underlying PDFs inside Xournal.
I decided to implement search as follows:
* User provides a search string filling the search box, and (this is
important) typing return.
* Every page has a layer called search (it is not part of the
interface), if the page has matches, the layer contains the boxes
wrapping the matches. This means that all matches are already rendered
in the document.
* Next and Prev send to the next page or previous page with matches.
Some user-interface details have to fixed:
* It only does case-insensitive searches
* If you try to type a capitalized character, the focus
is moved away from the search box (anybody knows how to fix this?)
* It only searches the PDF, not the annotations.
To download it, go my github page
http://github.com/dmgerman/xournal. Clone my repository, and switch to
the branch search using git branch search. Build as usual.
Daniel M. German
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .