Xournal and HP Touchsmart: toolbar buttons not toggled...

Help
Stas Fomin
2013-03-20
2013-04-03
  • Denis Auroux

Denis Auroux - 2013-03-22

I am alas not sure what the problem is -- I don't really understand how the Windows port of GTK+ interacts with the Windows APIs to present events to GTK applications. Xournal's toolbars are handled directly by GTK, so I wonder if this is a bug in the Windows GTK+ port. (I'd try upgrading or downgrading the GTK+ libraries to newer or older versions to see if it helps). Clearly, the touch or pen events are not being converted to button presses and passed to the event handlers... and I am not sure how to fix this.

I'll point this out to the developers mailing list in case someone with Windows expertise can look into it.

Ah, one question: is Options -> Use XInput enabled? available but not enabled? unavailable? (if it is available, does enabling/disabling it help?).

If Use XInput is enabled, it activates some specific mechanisms to get high resolution input from Wacom and compatible drivers, and I could imagine this triggering problems elsewhere; if it's not enabled then Xournal just behaves as an ordinary GTK+ application, and I would respectfully suggest that any bug with the toolbars is then GTK+'s fault, not mine.

Best,
    Denis

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks