cmm20 - 2006-04-22

I'm trying to enable the unstable packages. I've been following the steps at http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php?phpLang=en#unstable. I added unstable/main and unstable/crypto to the Trees: line in /sw/etc/fink.conf and then I tried running fink selfupdate and by the end I get the following errors:

make  all-am
cp ./../../gettext-tools/lib/alloca_.h alloca.h
gcc -DDEPENDS_ON_LIBINTL=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I. -I. -I.. -I../intl -I./../intl -I../../gettext-tools/lib -I./../../gettext-tools/lib -I/sw/src/fink.build/libiconv-1.10-6/libiconv-1.10/../_inst/sw/include -I/sw/include -I/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers  -g -O2 -c -o allocsa.o `test -f '../../gettext-tools/lib/allocsa.c' || echo './'`../../gettext-tools/lib/allocsa.c
gcc -DDEPENDS_ON_LIBINTL=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I. -I. -I.. -I../intl -I./../intl -I../../gettext-tools/lib -I./../../gettext-tools/lib -I/sw/src/fink.build/libiconv-1.10-6/libiconv-1.10/../_inst/sw/include -I/sw/include -I/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers  -g -O2 -c -o basename.o `test -f '../../gettext-tools/lib/basename.c' || echo './'`../../gettext-tools/lib/basename.c
../../gettext-tools/lib/basename.c:32:20: error: assert.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [basename.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.oCuntz failed, exit code 2
Removing build lock...
/sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-libiconv-1.10-6
(Reading database ... 5593 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-libiconv-1.10-6 ...
Failed: phase compiling: libiconv-1.10-6 failed

Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and
try again.  If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the
FAQ on fink's website solves the problem.  If not, ask on the fink-users
or fink-beginners mailing lists.  As a last resort, you can try e-mailing
the maintainer directly:

Fink Core Group <fink-core@lists.sourceforge.net>

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated!

thanks!