Odd behavior of shift-2

2001-11-16
2001-11-16
  • John D Barnes

John D Barnes - 2001-11-16

I do not get an "@" when I type shift-2 in the xterm window of 1.0.4. This gets downright inconvenient in certain circumstances.

I am running MacOS 10.1. Is this a termcap problem? The comment about editing a termcaps file that appears at the end of the installer script is somewhat obscure to me.

In order to perform a "clean install" of the X stuff I did an "rm -R /usr/X11R6/" and the same for /Applications/Xdarwin.app/. Was this legit or was I shooting myself in the foot?

• Torrey T. Lyons

Torrey T. Lyons - 2001-11-16

Check the bug lists here. This problem and a work around is discussed at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=479172&group_id=18034&atid=118034.

Regarding "rm -R /usr/X11R6/", you are likely shooting yourself in the foot. After you do this you will have to reinstall all of XFree86 4.1.0. Then you can install XDarwin 1.0.4 on top of this. You can install the XDarwin tarballs on top of each other without any difficulties. This will save you having to reinstall everything else in /usr/X11R6.

• John D Barnes

John D Barnes - 2001-11-16

It is OK if I have to reinstall all of XFree86 4.1.0 because I at least know what I have in hand. THat is what I menat by a "clean install." I just wondered whether removing all of the stuff in those two file hierarchies would have any unintended consequences.

I'll check the bug report that you mentioned.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks