Forum suggestion

2001-09-27
2001-10-24
  • Patrik Montgomery

I'd like to suggest that we create a new forum (besides "Help" and "Open Discussion") dedicated to porting X11-apps. This would make it easy to just scan this forum when you can't manage to get a certain app working.

Oh, and great work on XDarwin 1.0a2 - fast, stable and compatible with whatever I throw at it (haven't tried GLX, though). Why you still consider it alpha is beyond me, but maybe everyone isn't having the same experience.

• Torrey T. Lyons

Torrey T. Lyons - 2001-09-27

I'm all for this idea, however, we did create a mailing list (XonX-Porting) to help people with porting issues, and so far it has gotten no traffic. Perhaps a forum would be a better place to discuss such issues, but it would be good to hear that more people than just you and I think it is a good idea since the mailing list flopped. Any takers? :-)

• Bruce Truax

Bruce Truax - 2001-09-27

Torrey,

As you know from recent posts, I am interested.  I still have not solved my porting problem with BLT and I would like a forum where I could get some help.

Bruce

• Patrik Montgomery

Hmm... as admin, you can transfer subjects between forums, right? If so, we could just transfer all old porting discussions to the new forum to make it work like an FAQ at least. That's the main advantage to haveing a separate forum - easier to search old posts. The traffic needn't be very high for it to be a useful resource.

• Torrey T. Lyons

Torrey T. Lyons - 2001-10-09

This is a very good idea. Unfortunately SourceForge doesn't seem to have thought of it as I can only seem to delete messages, not move topics to new forums. I'll file a feature request with them.

• Torrey T. Lyons

Torrey T. Lyons - 2001-10-24

Well, I added a Porting forum. As I mentioned, I unfortunately can't transfer posts to it, but hopefully it will gather traffic and knowledge with time.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks