1. Do you want to add physical objects like moving boxes and would that effect the replays in size much?
2. would you like to add interactive objects like in the incredible machine game where things can start a chain reaction?
3. wanna add different terrains like mud, water and quicksand?
4. A direct link from the xmoto homepage to this forum?
>1. Do you want to add physical objects like moving boxes and would that effect the replays in size much?
That have been the plan all the time, and it just a matter of adding 10 lines of code to the game. At least when you don't consider replays - which makes stuff a bit more complicated. But if I do it in a clever way, it should probably not affect the replay sizes much.
>2. would you like to add interactive objects like in the incredible machine game where things can start a chain reaction?
This is closely linked with (1)... I'll probably add a ::EnableBlockPhysics(block) script command at some point, which will make it very easy to make all kinds of crazy physical stuff
>3. wanna add different terrains like mud, water and quicksand?
Water is already a hidden feature, but isn't used anywhere in the game currently because I really don't know how to implement it in a playable way. I guess the game goes for mud and quicksand.
Different "slippery" levels for different materials, and not having the rear wheel ripping up dirt when driving on bricks, are on my TODO list though.
>4. A direct link from the xmoto homepage to this forum?
Well, there haven't been much activity here, but I can add it if you want :)
Regarding (1) and (2), those (and smoother/smaller replays) are the things I'm going to work on next.
If you are thinking of slippery surfaces, you might want to concider other surfaces too, one that comes to mind is "sticky" surfaces, that would allow the bike to drive up walls, and maybe even hang in the ceiling. cheers!
My turn :)
1. it would be cool if we could change the gravity on some maps, some zones or with LUA !
2. a lot of players I know would love a "tricky" mode, where you gain point when doing loops, wheeling & co with the moto :)
3. would it be possible to use inkscape as an editor ? like shotgun debugger did !
Oooh and I forgot, two (i suppose easy) things:
4. add teleports for the moto, either by script or with special entities
5. LUA function to create entites (mostly strawberries and wreckers)
(1) (4) (5)
I have a huge dilemma with all this Lua stuff... the more fancier it gets, the more difficult it will be to have proper replays of it.
Would it be totally uncool if it wasn't possible to record replays of levels using Lua? At least it's not going to be possible to rewind in a Lua-enabled level, unless I perform some serious black mojo.
(2) That have been mentioned before, but I really don't know how to implement it in a convincing way. Yeah, it's easy for us humans to spot when the player performs a cool trick, but it's pretty difficult to teach a computer to see it :)
But I like the idea of a "Trick Mode" (in addition to "Normal Mode" and "Time Trial Mode" described elsewhere in this mess of a forum)
(3) AFAIK inkscape uses XML for drawings, right? If so, it should be straight forward to make some kind of conversion utility for it. But it's not something I'm going to do :)
(1)(4)(5) Well, there was no replays until version 0.1.8, and it was ok... replays are fun, but IMHO scripts are lot more fun :)
(2) Would love a tricky mode ! If I've got some time I'll try walking into the code...
(3) same as (2) =)
Add something that no true elma fan has been waiting for: tuning.
It was featured in one elma clone and it sucked. I bet you can do better. ;)
drasil: Okay, point taken. :P
triple_t: That's a hard one... Personally I think it would make the game too complex.
one thing I'd like to see added to xmoto is replay ghosts, that you can turn on or off somewhere. probably only available in the time trial mode.
It would be very cool if one could change the transmission of the engine power onto the front/rear/both wheel(s).
When designing a level, you could chose that it will be played with e.g. front wheel enabled.
Even better if player can change that during the game. But of course a level designer would need to enable that option.
Similarly with breaking.
I know people are complain the game is too difficult, but I completely disagree. I am getting bored after one hour of playing, but if I could switch to a level with front wheel enabled, I could play two hours.
And why don't you start new subforum for feature requests? There are many of them, I think.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.