Lost All My Play Links

new2nas
2012-08-16
2013-02-12
  • new2nas

new2nas - 2012-08-16

Posted this prob in suggestions… but my file server crashed tonight, I've got it going again but the program is now not highlighting the play option on most of my movies.. even though the paths are now available and correct Can I turn off the function that checks that the file exists on the system, and why isn't the play option highlighted even though the path is correct? Is there something I can run across my database, I assume its just a flag on/off.

• Bro

Bro - 2012-08-16

When the movie is selected , the paths are checked, and if the files are found, the play button is enabled. So as far as I can understand, the only reason it would not be enabled is because the path is invalid. There is no on/off flag in the database.

Bro

• new2nas

new2nas - 2012-08-17

Unfortunately thats not what I get…. The Additional info field on the right displays the drive path where the movie should be, the play option is no longer highlighted. When i use the Edit, and Get file info, i can go to exactly the same path and find the file. Only when i select the file does the Play option become available again. Its wiped out just about every link… yikes…

• new2nas

new2nas - 2012-08-25

I've rebooted all servers, checked the additional info field for weird data. No Luck. The paths are correct, but the Play option is not selectable. Whatever process is used to decide whether or not the PLAY button highlights, must be dodge… maybe instead of checking that the path is valid, the Play option could just check that the field is not empty, that way it won't be altered if i swap drives…

thanx

• new2nas

new2nas - 2012-08-31

I think i've found the issue. I seem to have a 'lazy' drive, I assume it is failing and has errors. The server hangs as the controller polls the drive then moves on. This hasn't caused any problems with other software since I assume the lag gets buffered out. I assume Movie Manager is getting a time out when it tries to verify the file location. I'm confused though. Does Movie manager do a file location check at startup and set a flag, or does it do the file location check once the movie entry has been selected by the user, because I cant find any way to reset it without manually repointing it. Either way, any lag on network addressed drives, could cause movie entries to randomly drop out.
    Hope this makes sense.

thanx

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks