Menu

IMDB Search not working

Help
2008-12-12
2013-02-12
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Bro,
    IMDB Search reports NO Hits. I have waited 30Hrs. to report this in the hope
    it would clear up on its own. But, no such luck! Let me know if it's IMDB changing format again or a problem only with me.
    Thanks for spending the time you do with this program . It is very much appreciated.

James

• Bro

Bro - 2008-12-13

Shit. They've changed some stuff it seems.
      A new version will be out very soon.

Thanks for reporting.

Bro

• Nobody/Anonymous

You can type the IMDb number in its field to get your info to populate.  At least you can add your movies until a new version is released.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I am using v2.6.1 When I go to the IMDb,I type in movie title. When page comes up I check properties and retrieve the IMDb number. When I type the number in MeD's Number field I still get No Hits! What process are you using to populate info?

James

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ok fellow. You have problem to populate the fields on the MED's form as same as I have the same problem. Just get the IMDB number on the IMDB web, type it on the field IMDb without the double t's (tt), just press return and wait a few seconds to let the MED's software populate the form.

• Bro

Bro - 2008-12-18

Hi guys

I'm finalizing the release now so it should be available very soon.

Bro

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks Guy,
      Hitting the return did the trick. I can live with populating the fields this way until new version comes out. We can take some pressure off Bro. this way.
      James

• Bro

Bro - 2008-12-18

Hi

New version is out.
      I haven't updated the home page yet, but you can grab it directly from sourceforge.

Please test and report any bugs, most importantly if something important is wrong.

Bro

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hey,

Thanks for the new release!

Firstly, the jar installer didn't work for me as expected. Some of the files (including MovieManager.exe) were missing after the install. Had to download the zip and unzip it to the program folder to get it to work.

Also, during the first IMDB query (downloading episodes for a series), the program crashed. But so far this was the only crash, all other queries (incl. re-quering the episodes) were successful.

So far, so good. Thanks again!

Runno

• Nobody/Anonymous

I cannot understand how to get this new version to work--I am new at this and am using ver 2.6.1 . I cannot get imdb updates to work and do NOT understand how to use the .jar extension for the update (ver 2.7).  Sorry for my ignorance, but can anyone walk me through this fix, or should I wait for the "easier" moviemanager .exe version when it comes out?

thanks in advance
      ps. great program ---have 630 dvds in my database and has been working wonderfully until now

• Nobody/Anonymous

OK---please ignore the above post--I finally figured figured it out!!! IT WORKS!

• Nobody/Anonymous

There were some more random crashes, mostly when downloading episode info. One occured then changing the "unseen" value to "seen" while multiple episodes were selected.

However, it does not drastically reduce the functionality. When opened again, the program allows to do the same operation, which crashed previously, again and with success.

Runno

• Nobody/Anonymous

One more thing. With the TV.COM change to IMDB, I had to add all my series' episodes again to make it look nice (for example, because of the new S1E11 kind of thing, all the episodes which didn't have this prefix, looked like this: SNullENull).

It would be nice if this kind of change would now stay and not be altered, as it would require changing the episodes again.

Thanks,
      Runno

• Bro

Bro - 2008-12-19

Hi

I'll this it out right away.

Thanks for the feedback!

Bro

• Bro

Bro - 2008-12-19

Oops.
        I'll *check* this out.

• Mike Cardo

Mike Cardo - 2012-11-30

I was having the same trouble until I created an IMDB log in on that site. Once registered, you can input your log in info into Med's Movie Manager's Preferences on the IMDB tab. Then, type in the title of the movie you want information for into an 'Add Movie' form and click on 'Get IMDB Info" at the bottom of the form. There will be a search at that point which will bring a short message up in the window; click 'Search' at that point.

If this brings up the wrong movie, or if it brings no information, find the movie on IMDB first and copy the movie ID number from the URL. It should look something like "tt0989653" and paste that number into the 'Title' input box on the 'Add Movie' form, then do the same search. Worked every time for me.

• Mike Cardo

Mike Cardo - 2012-11-30

I was having the same trouble until I created an IMDB log in on that site. Once registered, you can input your log in info into Med's Movie Manager's Preferences on the IMDB tab. Then, type in the title of the movie you want information for into an 'Add Movie' form and click on 'Get IMDB Info" at the bottom of the form. There will be a search at that point which will bring a short message up in the window; click 'Search' at that point.

If this brings up the wrong movie, or if it brings no information, find the movie on IMDB first and copy the movie ID number from the URL. It should look something like "tt0989653" and paste that number into the 'Title' input box on the 'Add Movie' form, then do the same search. Worked every time for me.