"Known Limitations"

2004-11-17
2013-04-17
  • Edouard Mercier

Edouard Mercier - 2004-11-17

As you suggest it, Carsten, the "Known limitations" is a good idea, as well as the "Known incompatibilities".

If you have a precise idea on how it should appear in the XSD, send me the new XSD. Otherwise, I will send you a suggestion...

• Anonymous - 2004-11-17

I think the xsd is your "baby". I will wait for your suggestion. I am not sure what's better, add the know limitations to the release notes tag or to each release. My first idea is to add it to the release notes.

• Edouard Mercier

Edouard Mercier - 2004-11-17

OK, fine.

I add this feature as soon as I have at last produced a reasonable "Getting Started" guide.

• Anonymous - 2004-11-18

Is it necessary to have the "known incompatibilies" as well ? I think its a part of "known limitations". My idea is to keep the release notes as simple as possible and avoid overhead.

• Edouard Mercier

Edouard Mercier - 2004-11-18

To me, this is not exactly the same thing.

A known limitation focuses on the things that the component is not able to do, and that may be contemplated in the future.

Whereas the known incompatibilities is supposed to warn the user that the new version is not fully compatible with the previous one.

Merging the two maybe confusing, no?

• Anonymous - 2004-11-18

Think, its not confusing. Depends on documentation but why not. Its better to provide a feature more than less.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks