Menu

What does the wb.Stroke method do?

Help
2017-07-28
2017-07-28
  • Michał Pawłowski

Hello.

I'd like to ask, what does the Stroke method, of workbook class, do? I have seen it in Reference, but I don't understand the description. Please explain it to me. Thanks.

http://wklej.org/id/3226211/

Mike.

Last edit: Michał Pawłowski 2017-07-29
  • David Hoerl

David Hoerl - 2017-07-28

I recall that it writes a border in the cell but frankly don't recall. Its been over 5 years since I (or someone else) wrote it. Best to look at the code.

The heavy contributors to this project are gone. I fixed a lot of it up many many years ago thinking I could use it but lost that job before I ever did.

As you can see, this project has many users but the code hasn't been touched in a long time...

• Michał Pawłowski

Thank you for answer.

I looked at workbook.h header file, but I can't see any 'Stroke' method. Probably, this reference, which is inside of xlslib directory is dedicated to php version, of this lib.

But thank you for answer.

Mike.

• David Hoerl

David Hoerl - 2017-07-31

Ah, yes, the original source used some conversion technology to create a PHP version. But I dont think it had MORE code.

OK - I found it in the reference: "Sends the spreadsheet hold by the workbook object to the client. The file gets the name set by the 'Name' argument." The original authors thought a good use of this code was to support dynamic web pages with tables in them. If there was a stub in the C++ source it was probably removed a long time ago. But might be in the early SVN commits if you really want to track it down. I also have a zip of the original source and related files if you really want to poke around.

Last edit: David Hoerl 2017-07-31