This new release presents a POC that shows how to use Xkins with Struts.
release 0.9.8 changes are:
1) Skin composite: allows to compose a skin with templates from other skins, in a composite fashion.
2) Proof of Concept Xkins application: uses Xkins in a Struts based web application. Allows to create a Custom Skin by the user.
3) XkinsEditor: a new class that allows to compose Skins. see example in skinAction in Xkins POC
4) Log4J: XkinsLogger is created. Uses this logging mechanism inside Xkins. XKINS category is created.
5) Add release() method to taglibs.
6) JByte: New Template processor that uses Java By Template.
7) API improvement: Allows to use xkinProcessor and create templates on the fly easily:
a) Add a constructos for Skin with name, and with name and processor.
b) Add a constructor for Processor that receives a class as the TemplateProcessor
c) Add a constructor for Content to receive a string with the content or the url where the template content is.
d) Add a contructor for Template to receive a string with the content or the url where the template content is, and with name and processor.
8) Upgrade to Velocity 1.4
9) Bug correction on reloading Velocity based templates: When a Velocity template was modified and Xkins were reloaded, templates remained cached.
This is solved in this version.
10) XkinProcessor and an undefined skin: if you create a XkinProcessor with an undefined skin name, the default skin name is used.
11) Add a SkinType getter to Xkins
Log in to post a comment.