Menu

video no longer plays w/ ltc

2016-03-25
2016-03-28
  • brad parker

brad parker - 2016-03-25

Sometime in the last couple weeks my xjadeo install stopped playing video when syncing to audio with ltc. The osd external time code displays the correct times from the audio file w/ the ltc in the video window. The video window itself is black w/ the white x. If I look at the time info it shows the correct clip length. The osd clock runs and reflects the time from whenever it is in the audio file during playback.

Using xjadeo 0.8.5 and the JACK Audio Connection Kit 0.3.8.7. This is a Windows 7 setup and the audio source is wavosaur 1.1.0.0.

I'm using files that worked together in mid February to test. I first noticed this last week with a new set of files but older, known good files are not working also.

What is interesting is that if I change the sync to use jack and then use the jack control transport I can see and control the videos but of course I cannot sync with the audio source.

• brad parker

brad parker - 2016-03-28

My bad. Figured this out over the weekend. We modified our ltc generator w/ an option to start the timecode w/ uct or local time. The tests for this code change were run around 6 pm cdt local time and there were no issues with the tests but the actual event happend at 1 pm cdt local time. So, uct time was right around 0 hours for the tests but was at 20 hours for the event so there was 20 hours of offset that wasn't accounted for. Started xjadeo w/ -20 something hours offset and there is the video.