Happy new year to everyone.
I've just release a new version of XINS (version 3.1-alpha1).
Here are the main changes:
- Netty has been upgraded to 3.6.0 and is now part of the XINS release. So xins run-<api> should always use Netty as HTTP server.
- The default http client has been changed to use SystemDefaultHttpClient. This should improve support for SSL or for keep alive. For more detail see http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/client/SystemDefaultHttpClient.html
- The default http client now also sends Accept-Encoding: gzip header, and if the data is returned compressed, it will automaticcaly unpack it. This should improve bandwidth and speed/throughput.
- The user guide on the website was still about XINS 2.3. This has been fixed. It also has a new chapter about performance.
- The logdoc package has been removed, use the logdoc library included in XINS.
- The runtime logdoc properties are supported again.
- Added notice logs at start-up to point out old JVM and Servlet container. ;-)