This is a very simple netscape/mozilla browser plugin using the xine
engine to display multimedia streams.
- embedded display on browser window
- streaming playback directly from xine engine
- fallback to local file playback (will download entire stream) in
order to support seekable formats like avi.
- relative paths supported
- on screen display of buffering information
- simple playlist and references support (.asx, .ram)
- loop mode
- xine-lib version 1-beta5 or newer
- Mozilla do caching of plugin information in order to speed the program
loading. however xine-plugin capabilities (mime types) may change every
time xine-lib is updated. in order to make sure that mozilla cache
is up-to-date just erase the file ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat
- Quicktime files (.mov) that contain just references to another files are
not yet supported (as xine-lib 1-beta4).
- Mozilla crash was reported on sites using xine-plugin and Flash at the
same time (reproduceable from www.ifilm.com). It still not clear were
does the bug cames from, either Mozilla, xine-lib, xine-plugin or Flash.
- This software is still under development. If any crash/freeze problem is
experienced please try to load the URL manually on xine-ui to check if
it is a specific xine-plugin bug or on xine engine itself. bug reports
should be sent to xine developer's mailing list.
- Make sure to try the latest stable Mozilla release before reporting bugs.
Just like xine, mozilla project is sometimes under heavy development.