From: Miguel Freitas <miguel@ce...> - 2001-11-28 22:41:09
I'm checking in the reworked spu (with separeted overlay manager) and
osd support. There are a couple of comments about it:
- dvd menus might be broken. james should take care of that at the weekend.
- spu support may have problems. although i believe this current code is
already more stable than old one (lot's of allocation problems fixed) it
really needs some testing.
- multiple overlays are supported now. i guess you should notice this
pretty soon after you compile the cvs version...and no, i will not keep
_that_ on 0.9.7 it's just for our testing! :)
- blending is currently broken for YUY2. in fact it was never implemented.
- fonts should be placed at another directory (not on skins_dir). i just
haven't time to do that and did an ugly hack.
- the font format is pretty stupid but i haven't time to do the truetype
-> bitmap font renderer. only ugly vga font is provided (i will commit
the code to generate it when we decide where font utilities should live)
- xine-lib now links to libz for reading gziped fonts (as i said the
format is stupid, don't expect any compression inside...)
- osd api isn't closed. also osd functions haven't been much tested and
lacks most of sanity checks (for drawing outside buffers). I also want
to implement other primitives (flood fill and block copying?)
- i don't know whether Guenter prefer to enclose osd functions inside a
struct (like osd_instance->open(osd_instance,...)) or if the current api
That's it...have fun... :)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.