xine-lib 1-beta10 (not codenamed "leaving the project") is available
for download now.
1-beta 10 has many updates and bugfixes, once again.
comes with updated versions of ffmpeg and libdvdnav.
new features include support for png images, ogm subtitles, freetype osd
and much improved dvd handling (including expressive error messages -
frontends please update!)
* loading and displaying png images (e.g. for logos)
* capability of on-the-fly stream rewiring
* libdvdnav: PGC based positioning:
seeking on DVDs now spans the entire feature
* font encoding cleanup (xinefonts use unicode now)
* freetype2 support for OSD
* ffmpeg sync (build 4663). WMV8 decoder enabled.
* much more accurate time display with DVDs
* xine health check fixes for non-mtrr machines
* fixes for high-bandwidth RV30 streams
* fix for vplayer format subtitles
* fix for distorted display of some DVD menus
* DVD title/part MRLs (dvd:/<title>.<part>) work much more reliable
* OGM subtitles support
* network controler improvements
* generic error reporting mechanism using events
* DVD: report the current menu type
* DVD: menu calls ("Escape" in xine-ui) can now jump back from the
menu into the movie as well
"See - the thing is - I'm an absolutist. I mean, kind of ... in a way ..."
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.