Quite a lot has happened to this since the last release. The relevant
portion of the NEWS file is below.
Add texinfo/html documenation for Video CD plugin.
Bug fixes (including the ones listed in 1-beta9).
configure allows disabling either the CD-DA or Video CD plugin from
Now requires libcdio and cdio-enhanced vcdimager. The previous modified
vcdimager has been removed from this distribution and will not build
A slash has been removed from MRL's to match other xine plugins. So
vcdx:// is now vcdx:/
A enhanced CD-DA plugin has been included (which also uses
libcdio). For CDDB access you need libcddb. CD-DA improvements over
default xine-lib plugin:
- Can specify device as well as track.
- Because we use the libcdio library, the "device" can be a disk image
to be burned (e.g. a cdrdao bin/cue pair and some primitive Nero
- Can customize the title display and meta-info comment field.
- Customize whether or not to use HTTP proxy for CDDB.
- Dynamic debugging
- Ability to get a "directory" list of the tracks on the CD
- Can view CD as one large unit (composed of tracks) or
as individual tracks.
modified for xine-lib API number 12 and 13 (works with
xine-lib-1-beta11 and up)
The 3 source gzipped tar files associated with this are stored at in
the libcdio project on GNU's Savannah under the "Compact Disc Input
and Control Library" project here: