From: Miguel Freitas <miguel@ce...> - 2004-05-12 18:34:36
The latest version of xine-lib, 1-rc4a, is now available for download.
This is mostly a bugfix release, but also includes some new features.
Some have experienced problems with rc4 due a bug managing the colorkey
overlay for XV (XVideo). With some video cards (most notably Matrox), it
caused parts of the image to not be displayed properly. These bugs have
now been fixed. Others have experienced compilation problems in our
previous releases resulting in static noise being produced for WMA
streams. This has also been fixed in rc4a.
Users of 5.1 and other audio surround setups will need to reconfigure
their xine settings. A newer, more user-friendly, "Speaker arrangement"
config item is now provided and must be used.
As usual, you can download from
The MD5 sum of this release is:
The complete ChangeLog says:
* audio out now uses a more user friendly "Speaker arrangement" config
item; this defaults to stereo, so if you use a different speaker
arragement, like 5.1 or other surround setups, you have to reconfigure
xine using this item
* fix possible crash in CDDB queries
* work around the gnome-vfs sftp: method having a max read size of
256k, makes it possible to play AVIs over sftp:
* added documentation for the post plugin system to the hackersguide
* add support for decoding On2 VP5 and VP6 using Windows dlls
* fix bugs with the colorkey overlay support introduced in rc4. under
certain circunstances, parts of the images were not shown.
* enable colorkey overlays for more cards using XVideo and vidix
* make it possible for the CDDA plugin to give away Musicbrainz CD
* several DVB improvements. add dvbs://, dvbc:// and dvbt:// mrls
* fix static noise produced by WMA streams in some systems