73 lines (48 with data), 2.5 kB
...just collecting ideas and bug reports here
(roughly ordered by priority - which doesn't necessarily have any influence
on the order in which they get fixed/implemented)
- add_mm dialog: - sometimes shows wrong/random start time
- pre-set title from meta info, if available
- Info area below display is empty while playing a DVD even though there
is at least a little info to report about a DVD.
- When playback is stopped, the seek indicator stays in the same place.
This is unsightly. It should be reset to the start of the seek bar.
ideas / feature requests
- message event support for dvd error messages
- make main window skinable
- iconify/no video mode for audio only playback
- provide sample media marks (some internet radio/tv stations)
- add command to wait for stream end and other events to script engine
- Don't "rewind" the movie when "stop" is pushed - do only blank the window.
Making it more like a VCR than a DVD player.
I think that would be more "safe" and useful.
Maybe, if wanted, the stop could do what it's doing now, but after
- Which 'live' streams are pauseable?
- Definitely not the stream from vdr - it handles pausing itself.
- For pauseable streams: it's possibly useful that you can pause it then
continue minutes later (maybe after eating lots of memory) from where you
stopped - but you should be made very aware that it's no longer "live",
but more like "delayed live", so maybe there could also be a display
like: "LIVE -2:45". (Fast-forward would also be possible for a delayed
- slider behaviour
You actually have to click and hold the slider and move it around.
I am used to being able to click anywhere in the seek bar and
having the playback jump to that point.
* In the Manage Mediamarks dialog box, I cut a mediamark and then pasted
it...and then it pasted again...ooooh...gxine didn't like that. Playback
continues just fine but the GUI is completely frozen with the paste button
* Mediamarks aren't very useful for DVDs (dvd:/). I get the impression
that mediamrks are primarily intended for bookmarking the addresses of
online broadcast stations, true?
* Support nvtv TV-out (as xine-ui 0.9.13 does).
* When the stream in non-seekable, or when no stream is loaded
- hide the slidebar knob (and possibly also the slidebar itself)?