Menu

flow5

André
2019-12-02
2024-08-09
  • André

André - 2019-12-02

Hi everyone,
    This is to announce the release of the next version of xflr5.
    This new version is in fact an almost new application, which merges the functionalities of both xflr5 and sail7 together with a bunch of new features. It has been widely re-written in modern code style, in a huge overhaul effort intended to optimize the stability and to facilitate the application's continuous development.
    To mark this change, it takes the new name of flow5.
    You can find more about it on https://flow5.tech, and in this series of videos.
    Also given the amount of work it involves, I've decided to request your financial support, which means that flow5 is available on a subscription basis. For the time being, subscriptions are available for the duration of the beta phase + 1 year.
    Beyond that date, there are no firm plans, but the goal is that flow5 will remain affordable for students and private individuals.
    From now on, I will continue to support xflr5 by correcting bugs, and by adding the necessary features to make it forwardly compatible with flow5. Other than that, all new features will be implemented directly in the new application.
    If you wish to show your appreciation for the work done so far all these years with xflr5, or if you are just interested in the cool new features, please consider subscribing to flow5.
    Thanks to every one of you for your continuous support. flow5’s existence today is due in great part to the overwhelming positive feedback you have given over time to xflr5 and sail7.

André

Last edit: André 2019-12-02
  • asd

asd - 2020-10-03

Hi sir
    Im looking to buy the flow5 program, but as i read the program still in the beta.
    i wonder if can i buy one month licenses ?!
    so i can try the program and after that i can buy a full licenses for a year ?
    im looking for the pesonal one, but im wondering is there any limis on that licenses ?

• André

André - 2020-10-05

No, there is no possibility for one-month licenses.
    The beta phase will end in a few weeks.

• mohammed

mohammed - 2020-10-20

Hi sir
    I wana order the flow5 for a year, but first I wana be sure from few things
    I wana buy the licenses for my device which is offline, should I make it online to be apple to have flow5 with my presonal licenses ?
    Personal licenses is a full one, right ? there is on limitation on it
    If i buy the current licenses and you relase the update, will u send me the update version or just hte one i bought "because i work offline' ?
    thanks alot

Last edit: mohammed 2020-10-20
  • André

André - 2020-10-22

Yes flow5 requires online connection to check the validity of the license.
    Personal licenses have no functional restrictions, i.e. they are the same as education and professional licenses.
    The updates are made available online to all users.

• Dhanunjaya

Dhanunjaya - 2024-08-09

good afternoon
    i am doing a 3d wing analysis in xflr5 the wing is rectangular wing it does any other features it is a simple wing i am running 3d panal method after running the analysis the plots were not giving the stall angle. acually i ran this simlation between 0 to 20 AoA and airfoil used is s4022
    any help is appciated

• Dhanunjaya

Dhanunjaya - 2024-08-09

good afternoon
    i am doing a 3d wing analysis in xflr5 the wing is rectangular wing it does any other features it is a simple wing i am running 3d panal method after running the analysis the plots were not giving the stall angle. acually i ran this simlation between 0 to 20 AoA and airfoil used is s4022 same is happening flow5 also

any help is appciated