I tried to use Krusader as a browser for codebase trees and bumped in to the following issues making it inconvenient for that purpose:
1) Xfview window opens small and requires resizing each and every single time before the actual use for viewing of a file. It would be nice for Xfe to preserve size and location of last opened viewer window and reuse it when the viewer is opened next time, as long as it is within the bounds of the screen.
2) Viewer preferences (Toolbar and Status bar visibility) are not preserved across viewer invocations.
3) Viewer should close on Escape key. Right now it is impossible to define Escape as the close action key.
4) It would be nice if the viewer could display source files color coded. Perhaps the code from Krusader (or any other tool that display source code color-coded) can be reused for this purpose.
5) Lastly, trying to open some files (for instance, my .bashrc and many other text files) causes Xfe to crash. I use Xfe version 1.32.5, the latest installable on Ubuntu via apt-get.
Log in to post a comment.