Menu

Children folder problem

Help
2008-03-28
2013-05-20
  • Paul Jordan

Paul Jordan - 2008-03-28

Hi all. First of all, many thanks for creating the software. Once I work out all the issues I'm having with it, it will be a centerpiece of our digital archive. Now, on to the issues.

The biggest one is that when using Xena on a Windows XP machine (I'm a Mac person, so I don't know any more specifics than that), the program normalizes fine but can't export. Every time I try, it tells me it can't create children folders. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a solution?

Second, I installed Xena on a Mac (running 10.4, I think), and the export function isn't working the way I thought it would. It's un-zenafying the file, and reading the Help doc, I thought Export would turn the .xena file into the open standard (.png, in my case). Am I missing a step somewhere? Or am I just confused in more ways than one?

Many thanks for any help.

• Michael Carden

Michael Carden - 2008-04-01

Paul,

Thanks for the issue report. This caused us some consternation in re-creating the problem, but re-create it we did!

There was an issue with path names in the default package wrapper and we've sorted it out. If you compile from current source you'll get a good one, or if you can wait about 24hrs we'll have an updated release of the binary uploaded that's all good.

Please note that the fix will mean that .xena files created with the older version still won't export nicely (on Windows), but any files created with the updated version will behave properly.

Cheers,

Michael Carden

• Paul Jordan

Paul Jordan - 2008-04-01

Glad you could figure it out, because it sure had me stumped. Fortunately, I'm still in the investigation phase of creating our digital archive, so waiting a couple of days for a fix is no problem. We haven't started any large-scale conversions either, so that's not a problem either.

Thanks again for your help, and I'll let you know how it goes with the new version.

Paul Jordan
      Digital Archivist
      Occidental College